Описание (на английском):.
VALE OF ANDUIN
The lands that lie between the Misty Mountains and the forest of Mirkwood have been inhabited by men ever since the great migration of the Edain westwards. The men who came to live in these areas are mostly relatives of what would later be known as the House of Marach; tall and muscular men with blonde hair. In the Upper Vale of Anduin and in other parts of Rhovanion they became known as the Northmen.
The Beornings are a confederation of tribes who where all mustered under the command of Beorn and who lived close to the Old Ford and the Carrock. The Woodmen are the people who inhabit the western eaves of Mirkwood. While the Йothйod are a last remnant of the once proud people inhabiting the Kingdoms of Rhovanion, and although most of their kin have migrated to the south, some Йothйod still remain in the North near their old capital of Framsburg. There are also other people who live near the banks of the river Anduin. For there still live Hobbits of Stoorish descent in the Gladden Fields. Furthermore the wizard Radagast has made his dwelling at Rhosgobel and even the Great Eagles have made their eyrie's on the mountain tops of these lands.
With the rise of Beorn as a mighty chieftain, the people inhabiting the area have been unified. This gives them a greater advantage in fighting the enemy as they will now aid one another against their common foe. But even their combined armies may prove to be not powerful enough to defeat the legions of Dol Guldur, the Wargs of Rhovanion and the Goblin hordes from the Misty Mountains.
Major things included in this release
- An entire new faction added to the map, with its own colour and faction names.
- New units, with unit cards, new unit stats and unit descriptions.
- Added new quotes.
- Expanded the credits.
- Edited the map with new settlements and river changes.
- Edited the diplomacy and faction relations.
- Added a whole list of character names for the VOA faction.
- Added portraits for Beorn and Grimbeorn.
- Added a lot of new traits specifically available for the VOA faction.
- Added a lot of new ancillaries specifically available for the VOA faction.
- Added defeat/victory/death messages for the VOA faction.
- Changed the victory conditions for OOTMM and VOA.
- Added a campaign intro description for the VOA faction.
- An entire AOR system for the VOA faction included.
- Added trade resources in the Anduin Valley region.
- We made the OOTMM stronger and made some minor changes to other factions as well.
Why did we make this?
Because there are currently a lot of rebel settlements in the northern part of the Vale of Anduin, at the moment those rebel settlements are easy to conquer for the Silvan Elves and the Orcs of the Misty Mountains. Adding a Vale of Anduin faction will limit their expansions. Also, the Beornings must have been pretty strong since they guarded the High Pass and the Carrock and they had Beorn and later his son Grimbeorn as their chieftain. The faction is also interesting due to the many peoples inhabiting the area: Beornings, Woodmen, Hobbits, Radagast, Eagles and inhabitants of Framsburg.
Необходима TATW 1.4
- Сделайте копию папки Third_Age в папке mods
- переименуйте ее в VOA
- откройте файл .cfg блокнотом
- измените строку: mod = mods/Third_Age на mod = mods/VOA
- откройте для редактированияфайл .bat
- измените строку: start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age\TATW.cfg на start kingdoms.exe @mods\VoA\TATW.cfg
- скачайте мод и разархивируйте архив куда нибудь.
- скопируйте полученное в папку VOA с заменой файлов
- скопируйте ярлык Third Age - Total War на рабочем столе. Откройте ее для изменения и измените: "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\Third Age.bat" на "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\VOA\Third Age.bat"